Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pineapple Chicken Tenders


This is Steve's latest favorite for me to make. Can be the main dish or a great appetizer! In the picture I made it as a main dish and omitted the skewers... but I would put them on the skewers if I were serving them as an appetizer or finger food.


Ingredients:
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 lbs. chicken breast tenderloins or strips
Skewers

In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Remove from heat just before the mixture comes to a boil. Place chicken tenders in a bowl. Cover with the pineapple marinade, and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread chicken lengthwise onto wooden skewers. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken tenders 5 min. per side, or until juices run clear. They cook quickly, so watch them closely.

Suggestion - I grill some pineapple with it and serve over rice for a meal. If I don't have fresh pineapple, the pineapple slices or rings work well too.

1 comment:

Mical said...

YUM YUM! I know you already know this but I skewered them and put them on the grill for our BBQ and they were to die for! I got so many compliments!